Dr. Kutzscher and the Art of Health Maintenance
To promote a good quality of life, it’s necessary to take certain health precautions and know your risks for developing diseases. Dr. Marilyn Kutzscher can help direct your health maintenance plan, starting with a physical exam. This will allow Dr. Kutzscher to know which health screenings are appropriate for your age and risk factors.
It’s very important to be honest about your lifestyle. She will work with you to identify life changes that can improve your health such as:
- Vaccinate. Immunizations have been developed for a reason: to prevent serious illness. We encourage everyone to get the recommended vaccines and an annual influenza vaccine. If you plan to travel to a different country, you may need special immunizations to prevent country-specific illnesses.
- Smoking and vaping cessation. There are simply no advantages of smoking and vaping. Putting an end to this habit can reduce your risk of cancer, stroke, lung diseases, heart disease and even death.
- Exercise. Incorporate at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every day. Alternate between cardiovascular activities and strength training for the best results.
- Consume colorful, fresh foods. Besides keeping your weight in check, eating colorful fruits and vegetables, lean meats and whole grains will provide more energy and other health benefits.
- Assess your alcohol, marijuana or illegal drug use. Try this test: go one week without these substances. If you are feeling dependent on alcohol or drugs or if a loved one has voiced concern about your lifestyle, Dr. Kutzscher has many resources to help you take control of your life.
- Buckle up. Seatbelts save lives. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2017 an estimated 14,900 lives were saved due to seatbelt use in passenger vehicles.
- Practice safe sex. If you are sexually active with multiple partners, use condoms and get tested for sexually transmitted diseases regularly.
To learn more about health maintenance recommendations for your unique situation, please contact us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kutzscher.